A classic French Chicken Fricasee consists of egg yolks and heavy cream, peeled pearl onions, a multitude of herbs and spices, and more steps than the Eiffel Tower!
Here’s a quick and easy one-pot dinner version – without the added fat!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pkg Empire chicken pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 bag Confetti Potatoes, left whole
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container Organic chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen peas
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Brown chicken pieces in batches. When all of the pieces have been browned, return them all to the pot and cover with a layer of sliced onions, and then add potatoes.
Season with pepper and sprinkle with parsley. Pour the chicken broth over all.
Cover and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, When potatoes are tender but not mushy, add frozen peas and simmer about 5 more minutes.